- Cut 8-12 asparagus spears into lengths about 4cm and boil until tender (3-4 minutes).
- Chop 4 spring onions and saute them in a little butter for a minute.
- Add 1 tbsp white wine and around 150ml double cream. Season and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 or 3 minutes until the cream slightly reduces and thickens.
- Stir in 2 tsps wholegrain mustard, a generous handful of chopped chives and the asparagus, and heat through.
- Stir into cooked, drained pasta (tagliatelle recommended), check seasoning, and serve with grated parmesan. (I sometimes like to serve this with grilled chicken too.)
Monday, 26 April 2010
Asparagus Cream Pasta
Dinner yesterday was a favourite asparagus recipe I got from Ready Steady Cook. The slightly mustardy sauce really sets off the flavour of the asparagus - I love it!
at 9:32 pm